Planning your visit
Things to note when entering the building and during your visit
When entering the building
- Smoking is prohibited in the building.
- Please leave your umbrella in the umbrella stand in front of the entrance.
During your visit
- Refrain from bringing umbrellas, dangerous items, helmets, and pets into the galleries.
- Refrain from eating and drinking in the entrance hall on the first floor or in the galleries. (Use the lobby on the second floor.)
- Do not touch the artworks.
- Refrain from using fountain pens, brushes, or other writing tools that may splash ink.
- Talking on cell phones is not permitted in the galleries.
- Photography is permitted in the gallery of the museum’s collection with the following restrictions:
- Flash photography (including AF auxiliary lights) is prohibited, as are tripods, monopods, and long objects (e.g. selfie sticks); taking pictures that may include other visitors; disturbing others (e.g. by spending a long time in any one space); and photographing while walking (moving).
- If you can mute the shutter sound, please do so.
- The use of photos other than for personal enjoyment may be a violation of Copyright Law.
- Photography of special exhibitions may not allowed depending on the exhibition. Please check the notices posted at the entrance of the special exhibition or ask the staff.