Hours and admission
9:30 - 17:00（Last admission 16:30）
Mondays (except national holidays, in which case the museum is open on Monday but closed the following Tuesday, and Nov. 1), Dec. 29-Jan. 3, and for rehanging of exhibitions.
Please check for the latest details in case of temporary closure.
Adults: 260 yen (210 yen) Senior high school and college students: 150 yen (110 yen)
* Free admission for children of junior high school age or younger and seniors 65 or older
* Prices in parentheses are discount rates for groups of 10 or more
Prices may vary depending on the exhibition.
For more information, please see the Exhibitions page.
30th anniversary special program
- People who were born in 1991 and are 30 years old this year, as well as people whose birthday is on September 22, are invited to the special exhibition for one year.
- A commemorative gift will be given to those born on September 22, 1991.
- Combination ticket: If you visit the special exhibition and the Collection Gallery together, you will receive a discount.
- Discount for repeat visitors: Show your ticket stub from a special exhibition held at this museum or another prefectural museum, and you will receive a discount on one special exhibition ticket (expiration date is printed on the back of the ticket).
- Group discount: Groups of 10 or more can receive discounted admission.
- Reciprocal discount: Show the stub of your ticket to the Kanda Nissho Memorial Museum of Art, and a group discount will be applied to your admission.
- Admission is free for elementary, junior high, and senior high school students who visit the museum as part of an educational activity, as well as for those with a Physical Disability Certificate.
- Admission to the Collection Gallery is free for children of junior high school age or younger, people 65 years of age or older, and people a Physical Disability Certificate. High school students are admitted free on Saturdays and Children's Day (May 5).
- Admission to the Collection Gallery is free for all visitors on Hokkaido Citizen’s Day (July 17), the anniversary of the museum (September 22), and during Art Week (November 1–7).
Admission is free for the following people. Please ask the staff for details.
- Admissions to all exhibitions are free for people with a Physical Disability Certificate, Medical Rehabilitation Handbook, or Mental Disability Certificate and their attendants; residents of welfare institutions for children or seniors and their attendants; and for people receiving public livelihood assistance. Please show your certificate at the reception desk to confirm your eligibility.
- The following people will be admitted free to the Collection Gallery and other exhibitions of our collection.
- People 65 years of age or older
- Children of junior high school age and younger
- High school students (including 12th graders and younger at technical colleges, specialized training colleges, and other miscellaneous schools) on Saturdays, Children’s Day, Culture Day
- Admission to all exhibitions is free for students of elementary, junior and senior high schools and their attendants visiting the museum as part of school educational programs.