Hours and admission
The museum is open daily from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. There is no admittance after 4:30 p.m.
Mondays (except national holidays, in which case the museum is open on Monday but closed the following Tuesday, and Nov. 1), Dec. 29-Jan. 3, and for rehanging of exhibitions.
Please check for the latest details in case of temporary closure.
Tickets for Gallery 1 (Fees vary depending on the exhibition)
*Group rates in parentheses apply to groups of 10 or more.
*Different types of discounts are available for each exhibition. Please contact us for details.
Tickets for Gallery 2
Adults: 260 yen (210 yen) Senior high school and college students: 150 yen (110 yen)
*Group rates in parentheses apply to groups of 10 or more
Free or discounted admission
For both galleries
- Admission to all exhibitions is free for those with a Physical Disability Certificate, Medical Rehabilitation Handbook, or Mental Disability Certificate and their attendants, residents of welfare institutions for children or seniors and their attendants, students of special needs education schools and their attendants, and persons receiving public livelihood assistance. Please show your certificate at the reception desk.
- Admission is free for students of elementary, junior and senior high schools and their attendants visiting the museum as part of school educational programs. Please contact the reception desk.
- Asahikawa link link museum
Show your ticket stub from one of the nine other cultural facilities in Asahikawa at the reception desk, and a group discount will be applied to your admission to Gallery 1.
- Art Gallery Hokkaido reciprocal discount
Show your ticket stub from one of the partner museums of Art Gallery Hokkaido (the Goto Sumio Museum, Trick Art Museum, Toyako Museum of Art, Hokkaido Landscape Painting Museum, or Katarubenomori Museum) at the reception desk, and you will receive a group discount on your admission to Gallery 1.
- Combination ticket (discounted price)
Provides access to both Gallery 1 and 2. Please check the price at the reception desk.
- Family discount
A group discount will be applied to families (adults and children of high school age or younger).
- Advance purchase discount
A group discount will be applied to purchases made up to one day prior to the first day of the exhibition.
- Repeat visitor discount
Show your stub from a special exhibition held at the Hokkaido Asahikawa Museum of Art or other prefectural museums in Hokkaido within the past year, and a group discount will be applied to your admission (one discount per stub).
Admission to Gallery 2 (museum collection) is free for the following visitors.
- People 65 years of age or older
- Junior high school age children and younger
- High school students (including 12th graders and younger at technical colleges, specialized training colleges, and miscellaneous other schools) on Saturdays and Children’s Day
- Free on Hokkaido Citizen’s Day (Saturday, July 17)
- Free on the museum anniversary (Saturday, July 24)
- Free throughout Art Week (Monday, November 1 through Sunday, November 7)
If you are planning to visit in a group, we ask that you inform us in advance to allow us to better serve you. Please fill out the Application Form for Group Visits and send it by post or fax, or bring it to the museum.